From 19th – 22nd January our Great Britain womens team travelled to Lahti, Finland to compete in the Pajulahti Games as they begin their preparations for European A Championships which take place in September. Fresh from their dominance at the European B Championship the competition started positively with an emphatic 10-0 win over European A side Finland. Momentum continued as GB beat Israel 5-0 who are also a European A team and World Games 2015 Champions. This was the first time GB have managed to overcome them of late with results previously being very close between the two sides. Following these two wins GB also swept aside Spain 6-1 but lost against a strong Russian side 5-1. After dominating performances at the beginning of the competition a lack in match fitness and game competition became apparent and undid their hard work. GB failed to win in their last two games losing to Israel 6-2 in the semi-final and 3-0 to Finland in the bronze medal match. The squad demonstrated many frustrations with the way they ended the competition after starting so strongly but it was a positive display considering they currently have no UK Sport funding and have only had enough funds to train once as a squad since winning European B Championships back in October.
- Great Britain Goalball Squads Ready for IBSA European A Championships
- Great Britain squads receive recovery support ahead of European A Championships
- Mark Winder reflects on his first six months as CEO
- Spend 5 minutes to win a pair of Goalfix Eclipse eye shades
- Cambridge Goalball star celebrated as Sarah Leiter named ‘Most Committed’ at TASS awards